Drug Testing Services
Laboratory Testing Available
- Court-Ordered Drug Screen
- Agency-Ordered (DCF, ChildNet) Drug Screen
- Employee Routine Screening
- New Hire Screening
- Adolescent/Family Screening
- School Admission Test
- Sports Team Testing
Urine Drug and Alcohol Screen
When an employer requests a drug test from an employee the employee is typically instructed to go to a collection site, such as Fifth Street Counseling Center. The employee’s urine is collected in a specially designed secure cup, sealed with a tamper resistant tape, and sent via express delivery service to a testing laboratory to be screened for drugs (typically SAMHSA 5 panel). Instant preliminary results are shared with the client.
The first step at the testing site is to split the urine into two aliquots. One aliquot is first screened for drugs using an analyzer that performs immunoassay as the initial screen. If the urine screen is positive then another aliquot of the sample is used to confirm the findings by gas chromatography – mass spectrometry (GC-MS) methodology. All test results are relayed to an MRO (Medical Review Office) where a medical physician reviews the results. If the result of the screen is negative, the MRO informs the employer that the employee has no detectable drug in the urine. However, if the test result of the immunoassay and GC-MS are non-negative and show a concentration level of parent drug or metabolite above the established limit, the MRO contacts the employee and to determine if there is any legitimate reason – such as a medical treatment or prescription.
Other Urine Sample Testing Available:
- Designer Stimulants – 21 chemical compounds/panels (such as, “Flakka”, “Molly”, “Legal X”, “Bath Salts” or “Ecstasy”)
- Premium Synthetic Cannabinoid – 30 chemical compounds/panels (detect; “K2”, “Spice”, etc)
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Subutex)
Sweat Patch Drug/Alcohol Testing:
A sweat patch is worn on the skin for up to 10 days or longer and uses sweat as the specimen source and can detect;
- Synthetic Opiates
$45 – Preliminary results in 5 minutes. Full laboratory analysis in 48-hours*.
- Ethanol (detects alcohol use within 24 hours)
- Ethyl Glucuronide (detects alcohol use up to 80 hours)
- Amphetamines (including Methamphetamine, “Crystal Meth”)
- Benzodiazepines (such as, Xanax, Valium)
- Cannabinoids (THC, Marijuana)
- Opiates (Codeine, Morphine, Heroin, etc.)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Creatinine Ration
Laboratory testing includes collection of the sample, transport to the laboratory, EMIT analysis, GC/MS confirmation by a SAMHSA-certified laboratory.
Hair Follicle Drug Testing
Analysis of hair samples has many advantages as a preliminary screening method for the presence of drugs. The advantages of hair analysis include the non-invasiveness, low cost and the ability to measure a large number of, potentially interacting, toxic and biologically essential elements. Especially in the United States hair testing is increasingly being used by employers to test employees for potential illegal drug consumption.
The Hair 12-Panel Drug Screen uses the only drug testing method available that will determine a drug usage history of up to 90-days.
- $304.50 – Full laboratory 12-panel analysis in five business days.
Call for information at 954-797-5222 regarding pricing for hair follicle testing, up to 19-panels.